Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP Performance Center and Load Runner version required for EBS 12.2.5

Hi,

I need to know which version of HP Performance center and Load runner is compatible to test the Oracle EBS 12.2.5? Also if there is any dependency on version of ALM? Any help on this will be much appreciated.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP Performance Center and Load Runner version required for EBS 12.2.5

Hi,

Which version of PC/LR are you using today?

Did you try it with the version you currently own

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

we are on old version which requires 11i style frames and Jave with 32 bit, both of these are not possible for implementation of 12.2.5. in production.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

PC has dependency in specific ALM version. but let's put that aside for  now.

I suggest trying to record a script using Web (HTTP/HTML) and TruClient Firefox using the version you currently own.

If it does not work try to community edition (https://www.microfocus.com/en-us/products/loadrunner-professional/free-trial) and do the same. Download only VuGen Standalone

Please share the experience. 

We are not able to validate each and every application out there. Both Web (HTTP/HTML) and TruClient protocols are generic solutions which are supposed to work on any web based framework. TruClient does not support Java Applets.

Try to evaluiate it

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shlomi,

We have the Performance Center version 12.20 and the application is based on EBS v12.2.6

We do have the PC Oracle EB virtual user license.

Would there be any compatibility issues? Any particular PC verison that should be used to avoid any compatibility issues.

Any Help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Matharu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Matharu,

PC 12.20 was not validated against EBS 12.2.6. PC 12.53 was validated  against 12.2.4, there is much better chance that it will work.

I really suggest upgrading PC version. There is a lot of benefit in recent release putting aside the fact above.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shlomi,

Thank You for your response. Which version of PC would be recommended to use for EBS 12.2.6?

Regards,

Matharu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI Matharu,

I would say 12.53 as it was validated with EBS 12.2.4 and I assume the differences are not high comparing to 12.2.6

In any case I realize upgrading PC is not something you take lightly. Please evaluate the fucntionality in 12.53 by downloading LoadRunner community edition (link shared above) and evaluate whether or not it addresses your need.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.