Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

HTTPS Protocol Replay issues in Vugen 12.5x

Jump to solution

Hello community,

I am able to access the web application with credentials but when replaying in VuGen 12.53, there is an error message saying

Action.c(12): Error-26630:HTTP Status-Code=401 (Unauthorized) for "https://abcdef.aspx" [Msgid: MERR-26630]

When I tried to access this URL in the recorded Action.c by clicking URL then I was able to access.

It looks like the issue arises only when the recorded script is replaying within VuGen.

HTTP Stauts 401 just means that the page cannot be loaded until right credentials are provided which it did in the recorded script.

Any ideas what's causing this issue?

Thanks in advance,

0 Likes
14 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

A last suggestion: Try to record in HTML i.s.o. URL mode (and again test with various NTLM options).

After above failed, I would suggest to open a support ticket.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello community,

I would like to share my findings so far. I am currently in the testing phase, but I want to point out a few things.

So far, the script seems to work without issues. I do not get the error message saying HTTP Status=401.

Here is my settings:

-Capture level: WinNet level data
-Recording: URL mode
-Runtime Setting->Preference->Authentication->only checked "use canonical name in SPN"
-web_set_sockets_option("SSL_VERSION", "TLS")

As mentioned, it is currently being tested but so far no issues and it seems to work. I will update more if I find more information.

Thanks,

Highlighted

All,

I wanted to confirm that above settings resolved the issue.

I've tested for a quite sometimes with above settings and it seems to work without any issue.

Thanks everyone for support and feedback.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.