Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Help connecting to load generator

I have installed the LR load generator standalone package on a Windows Server 2016 VM on our internal network.  Everything was succesfull during install.  I also have LR (full install) on my laptop.  I am unable to connect to the load generator in the controller.  I've been researching but cannot find a solution yet.  Can someone help, please?  Here is the error log the controller gives shen trying to connect, just a timeout error.  Could it be that the default port is blocked?

Failed to connect to the agent.
Load Generator not responding after timeout
Command line that was executed:
-usr ..\dat\lr_trans_server.usr -lnch_interactive -controllerhost "JColeman0215" -bridge -monitor_parent -extra_ext time_diff_ext -no_exception -eve_file_version 3 -drv_log_file_under_cntrl lr_bridge.log -working_lang 0 -es_unique_id 4 -extra_ext SummaryDataTransExt -trans_server_extra_ext SummaryDataTransExt -trs_online_mode 0 -trs_timer_duration 5 -out_communication 0 -extra_ext LrHostBalance -supply_netdir -base_temp_dir "C:\Users\jcoleman\Desktop\LoadRunner Scenarios\LR LG Temp Dir" -extra_ext mft_server -lnch_priority normal -no_popups -lnch_interactive -lnch_registry_key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\LoadRunner\CurrentVersion\RuntimeEnvironment" -product_name "LoadRunner" -lnch_dont_remove_until_notify -lnch_remote_port_for_parent 54345

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
Windows server 2016 is not yet supported in LoadRunner.
Recommend to use either windows 7 64b, server 2008 r2 64b, server 2012 r2 64b or windows 10 64b.
Thanks,
Lior
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Opening up default port 54345 resolved the issue.  Test scripts seem to be running fine on the LG now.  Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi 

I'm using window 10 VM with 64b. I'm getting  the above error when connecting LG on the controller.

Thanks

Balaji

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.