Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

Hits per second is going to zero after hitting maximum number of Vusers

Hi All,

I am new to Performance testing and I'm facing an issue when I am trying to execute a web based load test in performance center. I scheduled a test scenario for 2 hours with 100 users with 600 seconds pacing, the test is working fine until the users are ramped up and when the user count is at peak I don't see any transactions going through. Hits per second, TPS and throughput are zero. I even tried with 50 and 200 users, increasing the Load Generators but still seeing the same issue. Below are my test options in PC, Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Note: The same test scenario worked fine (for 2 hours) in PC when I ran few weeks back.

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vishnu

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: Hits per second is going to zero after hitting maximum number of Vusers

Hello Vishnu,

I would like to let you know that the Hits per Second graph shows the number of HTTP requests made by Vusers to the Web server during each second of the scenario run, this graph helps you evaluate the amount of load Vusers generate, in terms of the number of hits. Because the measurement is per second, but the granularity of the graph is not 1 second, it is possible to have fractions of hits per second.

The "Hits per second" graph is calculated depending on the HTTP requests sent out each second, if there are no HTTP requests sent for some time, then a request is sent out, the hits per seconds is computed for the entire interval since the last hit was received. 

You could try setting the granularity to 1 second.

Thank you!

Best regards.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.