ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to Instruct LoadRunner to finish all the remaining transactions while stopping the load test.

Hello Experts,

I have a quick question with relate to stopping the load test scenario while the vusers running. Is there any setting to tell LoadRunner that finish all the remaining transactions before exiting the vuser?

For example: I have 10 transactions in my vuser script and if suppose during the load test, the vuser executing 1st transaction and I clicked on stop scenario button in controller and what I expect Vuser has to do is to finish all the remaining 9 transactions and exit the load test instead of exiting immediately.

Could you please let me know if there is any setting like that in LoadRunner.

Cheers,

Raj

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello!

LoadRunner should do what you want automatically. If you press the stop button the first time, the users continue until the script is finished. If you press the stop button a second time, the users are interrupted immediately.

Regards

Thomas

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply, Yes as you said when I first click on Stop button - Vuser will go to vuser_end() action rather than finishing the existing transactions in Action() block and it completely exits the scenario upon second click on "Stop Now" button.

But, what I am looking for is, LoadRunner should finish all the transactions in Action() block and continue to vuser_end() and then exit the load test scenario. I have seen this type of functionality in Borland SilkPerformer where we can instruct tool to finish remaining transactions during vuser exit, but looks like it is not exist in LoadRunner.

Please let me know if any Run time settings need to be changed.

Cheers,

Raj

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hitting the stop button does not immediately force the script to go to vuser_end(). The default behavior is just as you describe, each actively running vuser will complete it's current iteration, including all transaction defined there, then execute any code in vuser_end, then stop.

If you want to change this behavior there are options in the Controller if you go to:

Tools > Options > Run-Time Settings

From there you can modify the behavior of manually stopping vusers in your scenario.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.