Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

How to Parametrize the Object Value in Object Section

Hi All,

Please help me out in how to Parametrize the Object Value in Object Section.

Here is the example flow,

1.There is a Drop down button named XXX and when recording I have select one specific value and Proceeded further. For Eg: Here the value which I selected is Testus3, Load 103a which is listed in the drop down. Note: This is a Click event selection. So in Step the Action will be 'Click'

2.The Object was found for that particular value and even the reply script got passed.

3.Now I want to Parametrize the selected value(Testus3, Load 103a) as when I am going for load test, I want the user to select different values from the drop down field. For Eg: Testus4, Load 104a is also one of the value I need to select it.

The Object section display as,

Name: Testus3, Load 103a

Javascript ID Method shows : evalXPath("//div[text()=\"Testus3, Load – 103a\"]");

Note: I know how to parametrize the value in Argument Section.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to Parametrize the Object Value in Object Section

Hi,

Please take the time and watch this webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PStYMuphfqE

If I am not mistaken the answer for what you need is around the 30th minute.

You can also find some examples on our online help: http://tchelp.saas.hpe.com/en/12.53/Content/TruClient/procedures/_tc_examples_ObjectIdentification_main_page.htm

Good luck,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: How to Parametrize the Object Value in Object Section

Hi Nissim,

Thanks for the replay. I will look in to the webinar and update you whether my problem is resolved. Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.