Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

How to Recording command Prompt Application Using Loadrunner

Dear All,

Hope all are doing Well..!!!

I have a requirement to do Performance Testing on a Console(cmd) applilication, I don't have any idea about this how to record and complete Scripting.  I have tried to record through Http Protocal with Windows Application Recording mode. I Could able to invoke the Console but loadrunner is not recoding anything.

I will explain brief explanation about application.

1.  I have to keep a jar file in my Local Meachine through command prompt i have to invoke jar file then only i can access this application. This app will communicate with network.

2. It has a URL and Credentials to Login and some commands are there to perform transactions.

3. The same application have UI (Web Based) through cmd by using commands we are perform the same what we can perform in UI.

Hope, Someone will defenetly helps me to achive this.

Regards,

Kareemulla

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: How to Recording command Prompt Application Using Loadrunner

Hi challenge, 

I think you cannot recording actions in local command prompt with LR because these operations don't flow via HTTP , but you can execute commands and sends it to the CMD via VuGen with "system" command. 

https://wavezgrp.wordpress.com/2011/02/04/use-system-command-in-loadrunner/

Let me know if this can help you with the issue, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.