Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

How to Suppress Error

Hi Team,

Is there a way that we can suppress/Ignore Particular LoadRunner error message? Let's say for a particular request we are getting back and Error with the code "Action.c(93): Error -27040: Data Format Extension", is there a way that we can ignore this error message so that the execution will continue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Ajay

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to Suppress Error

Hi

You can use the "continue on error" RTS, but why would you want to supress an error rather than fixing the issue it is suggestion exists in your code?

Thansk,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks for the Reply.

"Continue On Error" will allow the script to execute irrespective of the error. But i want to ignore only one particular error that is "Action.c(93): Error -27040: Data Format Extension". For other error codes it should stop the script execution.

Regarding your second question, it's a DFE related error (We are getting the response back from the server, but loadrunner is not able to convert that response from GWT to DFE and throwing an error), so i would like to ignore that error as i am getting response that i need.

Hope that clarifies, and looking for some inputs on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Ajay

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Ajay,

I still think it is better to tackle a problem rather than ignore it, but fair enough 🙂

try this documentation part for specific error handling in a specific part of your script.

hope this helps,

Lior

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.