Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

How to assign data for each Vuser in Controller

Hi,

Need help with parameterisation for Controller.

what seetings should i do if i want the each Vuser to use different data when running the scenario in Controller for Loadtest. I am using Loadrunner 12.5 . 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Use the "Unique Method"

• If you specify update on "Each iteration", for a test run of 3 iterations, the first Vuser takes Kim in the first iteration, David in the second, and Michael in the third. The second Vuser takes Jane, Ron, and Alice. The third Vuser, Ken, Julie, and Fred.
  • If you specify update on "Each occurrence", then the Vuser uses a unique value from the list for each occurrence of the parameter.
  • If you specify update "Once", the first Vuser takes Kim for all iterations, the second Vuser takes David for all iterations, and so on. 

The details for the Parameters options you need  are here.

"Data Assignment and Update Methods for File/Table/ XML Parameters"  at http://lrhelp.saas.hpe.com/en/12.50/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/114400_c_data_asgn_update_meth_f.htm

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

Also remember, when you use Uniqe, all the data is divided among the vusers in the group, by the controller. Either automatically or the number each selected by the "block-size".

So if you have 5 vusers in your group and the parameter have 100 lines, vuser 1 will get line 1-20 vuser 2 will get 21-30 and so on...

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks for the reply. 

But let me give you the steps of what i am doing.

Step1; Create script in the Vuser. It is a web application . I created script for " Created benefits"

Step2; Parameterised the "Patient iD and Policy ID"

Step 3: Entered 4 Patient ids and policy id s in the parameter list . The iterations settings are " One'

Step 4: I want to use the 4 patients DATA  for each 4 Vuser in the controller at the same time.

Step5: see the below settings what i did in the atached screenshot.

Step: So do you think i am using the correct settings

My Scenario: I should create a scenario with one time login and create benefits for all the 10 patients with ramp up and ramp down settings as 2 Vusers for every 15 seconds.( Need to use specific policy id for specific patients- so i selected option as same line as "patient id'

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

First, Policy_ID is just as it shoould be, connected to Patient.

Secondly the main challenge.
Using "Unique", "Continue with last value" and a blocksize of "1" will fit your purposes as I understand it.

All vUsers will get 1 value of the testdata and will keep it through all iterations. You just need that there is at least the same number of rows in the testdata as there is vusers.
/ola

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks for the Response. Could you please let me know what settings should i select in " Paramater Simulation' in this case.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.