Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to check if the Login by vUser worked?

Hi,

I have created a simple script of Login using userid and password. I have parameterized and ran it with 42 Vusers. The test ran fine and all the transactions were passed.

My question is, how do I know if each VUser actually logged in and logged out as recorded in the script. Is there any way to prove that each vuser actually logged in and out of the application, hence the response time that is received is correct?

-Ram

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to check if the Login by vUser worked?

Hi,

It really depends on the protcol used

If the script is based on GUI level prototocl (e.g. TruClient, Citrix, RDP, etc.) you do not really need to validate it since the steps would have failed if the application was not in the expectated state

If the script is based on the communication level (e.g. Web HTTP, Winsocket and such) you need to inspect the data returned by the server and make sure it contains data that matches your expectations.. In web protocol for example it would be one of the web_reg_save_param functions. See the entire list in this page http://lrhelp.saas.hp.com/en/latest/help/function_reference/Content/web/webc/lrFuncRef_WBCAT_Alph_Lst_Web_Funcs.htm (search for web_reg_save on that page)

Good luck

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to check if the Login by vUser worked?

You could also use text checks (web_reg_find) to validate that certain criteria is returned on the page, or check at server/backend to see if user sessions have been created.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.