Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

How to delete a row from VTS?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm creating data, and storing it in a single VTS column.  I'd like to use that data at runtime during my test, and can only use the data once.

Ideally, once I've used a line of data, I'd like to delete it from VTS.  However, I can not see an easy way to do this.  Essentially, I'd like to mimic the functionality when you manually right-click on the VTS column and select "Delete value".  How can I do this programmatically?  I don't see a function for this in the help.  Closest thing I could find was to move the row to the bottom which is not what I'm after.  I don't want to recycle the row, I want it deleted.

Cheers,

J

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: How to delete a row from VTS?

Jump to solution

Hi John,

you can use the vts function "lrvtc_retrieve_message" which picks the first item in a column. All fields below the first row move up one row, the last field in the column is cleared.

Hope this helps,

Christoph

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi John,

you can use the vts function "lrvtc_retrieve_message" which picks the first item in a column. All fields below the first row move up one row, the last field in the column is cleared.

Hope this helps,

Christoph

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi mate,

Perfect!  Does excatly what I need.  Thanks for much for that 🙂

Slight oversight on my part and thanks for such a quick response.

Cheers,

J

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.