Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

How to generate script to monitor web application in vu gen

Dear All

I am newbie to vugen and I am trying to record new script to monitor web application login.

This is what I did,

Clicked on new web/http and gave following,

Application type          :              Internet applications
Program to record       :              IEURL address               :              Gave URL address
Record into action       :              vuser_init

and clicked OK. I understand at this point, vugen will open the URL which is given in IE, but nothing happened.

Is my expectations correct or I need to do different action.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to generate script to monitor web application in vu gen

Hi,

Please invoke VuGen as administrator

Open Headers, Content Types and  Non Resources dialogs in Advanced Recording Options dialog and click OK in each. No changes are required.

Try recording again. If it didn't work try with Chrome or Firefox.

Regards,

Shlomi

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

Is it necessary to invoke vugen using admin user. Please note the user which I am using does not have the admin rights on the desktop where vugen is installed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Did you install VuGen using an administrator user as required?

For what I have asked you do not need to login as administrator, you should right clikc VuGen shortcut and choose "Run as administrator" option. It is neccessary since I suspect some registry entries are missing and by opening/confirming these dialogs they will be created.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

I downloaded and installed latest version of vugen 12.50 and try to create script to monitor google.com. Unfortunately I am not seeing the correct steps to do the same in latest version. What I see is Protocol advisor and in Protocol advisor, if I try to give http://google.com or https://google.com, it throws "Page cannot be displayed in IE""

How can I correct this error.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Validate that the product was installed using an administrator account. Follow the steps I have provided above. 

See further help in this link

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

Product was installed using administrator account.

Link you had provided gives same instructions as in load runner help, which is very generic, without any example.

Do you have any example document which gives me clear instructions of how to create script for recording web applications.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

If you wish to get quick results use TruClient protocol.

Web (HTTP/HTML) requires more knowledge. You can do the LoadRunner Tutorial in order to educate yourself.

I am not familiar with examples, but i am sure that if you will Google it you will fine some.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.