Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to get page ( URLs) response times for the parameterized page/URsL values

How to get page ( URLs) response times for the parameterized page/URsL values. We have one script  with 4 steps , each step ( Transaction ) is paaremetrized  with 15 URLS , Is there a way to get resposne times for each of the 15 URLs for each step/transaction  which would be 60 pages . We are using 11.52 PC & VuGen

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How to get page ( URLs) response times for the parameterized page/URsL values

In this case and based on the current PC version that you are using it can be achieved by using the full extended logs in the Run Time Settings from the PC test. After enable the options the response time will be printed in the logs.

The other general option is to group the parameterized URL's in transactions and in Analysis filter those transactions response times in order to get the response time for the URL's in question through the test.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to get page ( URLs) response times for the parameterized page/URsL values

We are running a longevity test with high volume and If we extend the full log then it will impact the test negatively?

I quite didn’t follow the general option. We have a script which has 4 transactions, each transaction does different action and all the 4 transactions have 15 URLs per transaction. So are you saying that we can generate the response times for the above using Analysis with out change the current script and for the existing results?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Is your question - How can you create seperate transaction times for each of the URLs then dynamic transaction names would be an option.

I would create a parameter and make the "Select next row:" value "Same line as [your URL parameter]". Let's say "URLDesc"
In your data file I would have a easily readable name for the URL (if you can name the URLs, or simply URL1, URL2, URL3, etc).

Then use the below code to generate the transaction name. I assume you are in HTTP protocol, but I'm sure can be used in others.

char sTranName[50];
…
sprintf(sTranName,lr_eval_string("URL_{URLDesc}"));
lr_start_transaction(sTranName);
…
lr_end_transaction(sTranName,LR_AUTO);
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Agreed, I would make the transaction names dynamic at runtime.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.