Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to handle this HP Authentification window during installation of LR 12.50?

I just installed Loadrunner 12.50 on a Windows 8.1 machine, and came upon the following window which is not described at all in the installation instructions:

It is in German, although I not have selected any language so far. It looks like I am asked to provide a CA auth key. But I have no idea what to do here!!

I continued the installation by deselecting the first checkbox...

But do I have to do something now? Do I have to provide a CA key or some other kind of authentication in order to make Loadrunner work? What do I need to do?

The window is definitively related to the Ladrunner installation as I saw this window every time I installed Loadrunner, in the most common way possible (no extra configuration, no special setup, ..)

Any help is appreciated!

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: How to handle this HP Authentification window during installation of LR 12.50?

Hi alex1703,

The LoadRunner installation guide has this to say:

During installation of LoadRunner Full Setup, Load Generator, Monitor over Firewall, and MI Listener, you can optionally install CA and SSL certificates for LoadRunner by selecting the Specify a certificate that will be used by the LoadRunner Agent option. These certificates are used for authentication and secure communication respectively. Both certificates should be in *.cer (X.509) format.

(There's more, I just abbreviated. It's under "Install LoadRunner on Windows", section 6).

You can find the installation guide in:

http://lrhelp.saas.hp.com/en/latest/help/PDFs/HP%20LoadRunner%20Installation%20Guide.pdf

Hope this helps,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to handle this HP Authentification window during installation of LR 12.50?

Thanks for your input, I must have overlooked that paragraph.

But I still do not know, in which cases I need to add such a certificate.

Can I add such a certificate also at a later time, or do I have to re-install Loadrunner from scratch? Where is the point to add such a certificate?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

The certificates will be used to secure the communication with the LoadRunner agent.

You can see more information and how to change it later in:

http://lrhelp.saas.hp.com/en/latest/help/WebHelp/Content/Controller/t_howto_config_clientserver_authentication.htm

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

But I was able to record some browser actions without having added certificates!

Therefore I do not understand your answer! Or do I need those certificates to communicate securly with LoadRunner? But why do I want to do this? LoadRunner is an app, why securly communicate with it?

Your link seems to describe HOW to do it, but not the WHY. I would like to understand the WHY of those certificates? Under which circumstances (with LoadRunner) do I have to use those certificates with LoadRunner...?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

LoadRunner Agent is a software used in the LoadRunner Load-Generator.

If you need to establish a secure connection between LoadRunner Controller and LoadRunner Agent, these certificates will be used.

This is obviously not relevant if your Controller and Agent are running on the same machine.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks,

now I can see the reason for this certificate! If the LoadRunner Controller and LoadRunner Agent run on different machine, they require a certificate to establich a secure communication! Why didn't you say so in the first place 😉

Thanks...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.