Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

How to install plugin for TruClient-IE protocol in Vugen 12.02 (Application does not work while rcrd

I am unable to record an application using TruClient-IE protocol in Vugen 12.02

The application works fine in standalone IE browser only after installing additional plugins.

How can we install plugins for Truclient IE browser in 12.02.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor..

Re: How to install plugin for TruClient-IE protocol in Vugen 12.02 (Application does not work while

Any answer from anyone?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to install plugin for TruClient-IE protocol in Vugen 12.02 (Application does not work while

Hi,

TruClient IE does not provide an easy way to install plugins as most plugins are not pure web based and TruClient supports record/replay of web based content only.

In order to configure a plugin in TruClient IE there is a need to manually configure TruClient IE registry branch, not something an end user is supposed to do.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor..

Thanks Shlomi for the reply.

I am trying to record "SAS Integrated Merchandize Planning" web application and protocol advisor shows Truclient.

However, when I try to use TruClient-IE to record, the layout of some objects are missing on the browser and page is not getting rendered properly.

But the aplication works fine in normal IE11 browser. I founf the reason to be that the application uses IE5 default (F12 Developer tools->Emulation Tab and Document Mode) but TruClient in LR12.02 supports applications compatible with IE9 and above.

Is there anyway t resolve this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Danny,

What happens if you change the standards to 9 or above in regular IE browser? Will the application render corectly? 

If it does render correctly and there is no need in special plug-in it should be possible to support it also with TruClient IE - contact HPE support team.

If it does not render correctly and\or there is a need in a special plug-in it will not be supported by TruClient IE. You can try TruClient Firefox or TruClient Chromium instead

Good Luck,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.