Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to manage a scenario in LoadRunner?

I have created a TruClient Script (Web-actions) that runs without problem and finishes in about 90 seconds,.

Now I have put this single script in a Controller Scenario, but it runs much longer than 90 seconds. How can I see from the controller what really is going on when running this script? Can I see an output as I can see when I run the script in the VuGen Client? How else can I see what is going on in my scenario?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to manage a scenario in LoadRunner?

Hi Alex,

when running a script in Vugen, it will run for 1 iteration and once it completed the business logic, it will exit.

In controller, the script will run for as long as you set the duration when setting the schedule of the scenario.

when running the script in controller, you can follow any error message you encounter, view the status of the differnet Vusers running and monitor the resources of your applicaiton under test (as well as many other resources)

hope this helps answers some of your questions.

good luck,

Lior

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

when I run a script in the controller, WHERE can I see any error message? I looked around buit was not able to find error mesages related to the failed script!

You say "when running the script in controller, you can follow any error message you encounter," - but WHERE? HOW? How can I see those error messages? Maybe you have screenshots that show me where to click etc.?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Alex,

Please see the attached screen shot.

it is the upper section of the "Run" tab in the controller. first you design the scenario in the "Design" tab. once you hit "run" it will automatically transfer to the "Run" tab and you will see this section.

I highlighted the areas you can look at for errors and failed / passed transactions.

all you need to do is press on the hyper link with the numbers (amount) of errors and an error screen will open with all the data you need.

hope this helps,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

But there I get, for example, the following statement, which does not help at all:

t=00009719ms: Internal problem -205177: In BreakdownsAdapter::HandleBreakdowns(), failed parsing JSON breakdowns array

And when running the script with VuGen, it works al the time!! How to fix this problem then ..?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Is the script TCWeb? If so, try running in FF or Chrome.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.