Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to record a RDP session with VuGen when “Network Level Authentication” is enabled?

When we start recording a RDP Session with VuGen (12.50), we get the following error message:
The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication, which your computer does not support.
For assistance, contact your system administrator or technical support.

The remote server uses “Network Level Authentication”.
And for security reasons this can’t be turned off!

Is there a solution or workaround to record a RDP session when this security option is enabled?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: How to record a RDP session with VuGen when “Network Level Authentication” is enabled?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: How to record a RDP session with VuGen when “Network Level Authentication” is enabled?

Thank you.
I already notice this.
But I thought maybe there is a fix/workaround, because this authentication is available since Windows Server 2008.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I try to ask the LR protocol team but got no answer, I suggest you try to submit this question to LR forums as well. 

BTW i'm sceptic if we have such solution to this problem.

Noam
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thank you.
I'll post the question on the LR forum.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Hi,

As far as I know there is no way (yet?) to workaround that issue. SOURCE.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.