Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

How to record web application

Hello,

I am new to load runner. I am automating a web appl. 

I click record > http protocol > URL: I have chrome.exe > then I navigate the app.

First I go to web url.

Enter user name

Enter password

Click login.

Stopped the script.

In the script, I see the url. But I do not see anywhere user name, password, click login. Please advise. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: How to record web application

web_url(xxx.com", 
		"URL=xxx.com/", 
		"Resource=0", 
		"RecContentType=text/html", 
		"Referer=", 
		"Snapshot=t3.inf", 
		"Mode=HTML", 
		EXTRARES, 
		"Url=/signalr/negotiate?clientProtocol=1.5&connectionData=%5B%7B%22name%22%3A%22usersessionhub%22%7D%5D&_=1499788361056", ENDITEM, 
		"Url=/signalr/connect?transport=serverSentEvents&clientProtocol=1.5&connectionToken=kuRNN8AmzkUn%2FskPNMOA3ed%2Bg%2FWCbC65TWkY7RiUJuVnl9x761Q0sXYWSaVPZoB%2F2rfDBV2lOMDo0U7tq12PxPkz04FbCnuBTwCXLDxAjU93zVZBhz%2B%2BFPYdmFcLnY%2Fr&connectionData=%5B%7B%22name%22%3A%22usersessionhub%22%7D%5D&tid=5", ENDITEM, 
		LAST);

web_custom_request("update2", 
		"URL=https://tools.google.com/service/update2", 
		"Method=POST", 
		"Resource=0", 
		"RecContentType=text/xml", 
		"Referer=", 
		"Snapshot=t4.inf", 
		"Mode=HTML", 
		"EncType=text/xml", 
		"Body=<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>\n<request version=\"1.3.17.0\" protocol=\"3.0\" testsource=\"dev\" shell_version=\"1.2.3.5\">\n  <os platform=\"win\" version=\"6.1\" sp=\"\" arch=\"x86\" />\n  <app\n    appid=\"{8A69D345-D564-463C-AFF1-A69D9E530F96}\"\n    version=\"0.0.0.0\"\n      >\n    <data name=\"install\" index=\"GGLS\" />\n  </app>\n</request>", 
		LAST);

Script shows first navigated to URL. Then I entered user name and password but script shows update2. I am not sure what it means.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

When I inspected the web form, I see this code:

<form method="POST" action="/Account/Login" data-ajax="true" data-ajax-begin="voyager.formBegin" data-ajax-complete="voyager.formComplete" data-ajax-failure="voyager.errorHandler" novalidate="novalidate">

</form>

This web application is built using dot net. I have used .net protocol, ajax proptol, web http protol. None worked. Please advise how I can fix it.

dsfsf

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

Question: have you tried recording with a different browser? IE for example?

Have you tried proxy recording?

When you say "ajax" - I'm assuming you mean TruClient, correct? what did you experience there?

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.