Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

How to script 'Refresh' screen of every 1minute

Dear Experts,

I need your suggestion on this.

In our Org, there are some pages refersh every 1minute. But as it is internal portal, there is no restiction on user session expiry. If user keeps the page open and go to home or lunch every minute the page search refresh and it is causing high CPU utilization in production.

But when we execute our regular scripts we don't see much CPU, basically we are unable to find the option to create a refresh sceanrios. Appreciate if you have any thoughts how to simulate the high usage of CPU because of refresh. 

Thanks

Vishwa

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to script 'Refresh' screen of every 1minute

Hi Vishwa,

I assume you are talking about a web based application. If so TruClient will provide a solution out of the box since these keep-alive requests will be executed by the browser without requiring any scripting effort from you.

If you need to run large number of Vusers, it is better to use Web (HTTP/HTML) protocol as TruClient is not scalable. In such case I recommend reading about Asynchronous Communication and specifically looking at Poll request example. I think that will answer you need.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.