Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

How to set up SLA for any user transaction at PC?

Jump to solution

Hi!

I use PC 12.53.

I tried to set up a new SLA. The measurenent was "Transaction Response Time (Percentile)". Under "Transaction" tab, SLA wizzard shows only vuser_init_Transaction, Action_Trasnsaction and vuser_end_Transactions. How do I "register" my transactions in order to be able to set up SLAs?

I have tens of transactions at "Action" file and I don't want to split my "Action" file to tens "Action1", "Action2" etc files to include only one transaction at each file.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to set up SLA for any user transaction at PC?

Jump to solution

Hi Yakov,

The reason for which you do not see the transactions in PC SLA is because the usr file does not contain the [Transactions] section. You will not see the transactions in LoadRunner Controller SLA wizard as well for the same reason.

1. I do not want to run the script locally. I wanted to check how the usr file looks like and why the transactions are not added it. Feel free to share it in a private message

2. Which protocol do you use and where do you edit it? Do you have special characters in transaction names?

Regards,

Shlomi 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Yakov,

Can you open the script .usr file and see of all transactions appear there under the [Transactions] section?

Can you please share your script? Maybe there is an issue parsing the transactions from the script usr file. I'd like to have a look on a local environment of ours

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi, Shlomi!

Thank you for your quick responce.

At <script_name>.usr file there is only [TransactionsOrder] section which contains only one line "Order=". There is no [Transactions] section at all.

Unfortunatelly, I can't share my file, since I'm testing not public application inside internal network.

10x.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Yakov,

The reason for which you do not see the transactions in PC SLA is because the usr file does not contain the [Transactions] section. You will not see the transactions in LoadRunner Controller SLA wizard as well for the same reason.

1. I do not want to run the script locally. I wanted to check how the usr file looks like and why the transactions are not added it. Feel free to share it in a private message

2. Which protocol do you use and where do you edit it? Do you have special characters in transaction names?

Regards,

Shlomi 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi!

I use HTTP/HTML protocol and edit it at LR editor.

I found the reason why the [Transactions] section doesn't appear at the .usr file. I wrap lr_start_transaction and lr_end_transaction with my private function which performs some additional calculations and functionality in addition to starting transaction. So, in practical I'm opening transactions in dynamic manner.

But I found how to work around this problem. I added manually [Transactions] section to the file and filled in all transactions names.

Now, everything works fine.

Thanks a lot for your proffessional support. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Glad to hear you have a workaround.

Cheers,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.