Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to setup a LoadGenerator on separate machine?

Jump to solution

Hi, I've performed a full installation of Loadrunner 12.53 in my machine, and I've setup some working testScripts.

Now I want to run them through the controller, with 2 load generators (the one on my machine and the one on another one, let's say Machine2). (both machines are windows10 physical machines).

I installed again Loadrunner 12.53 on Machine2, I didn't find the way of installing only the Load Generator Agent, so I installed again full loadrunner 12.53.

How do I setup Machine2 install?

How do I say to Machine1 controller to run Vusers on the loadgenerator of machine2.

When I click on "add new loadGenerator" it only let me to set a name and some information, but no IP adress or hostname of machine2 .. how can I be sure that Loadrunner Controller "sees" machine2's LoadGenerator?

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to setup a LoadGenerator on separate machine?

Jump to solution

Ok, I found the way to achieve all that.. finally 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
21 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Ok, I found the way to achieve all that.. finally 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi 

Can you help me on the LG setup ? I have a window virtual machine. Can you tell me how to setup that vm as a LG ?

Thanks

Balaji

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Fred,

So kindly tell the steps how did you achieve that.

1. You have done LR full setup in both the Machines.
  2. And you opened Load Generators from Machine 1 controller and you gave Machine 2 ip or Hostname  and you clicked connect. And it connected i.e. status 'Ready

Is this the approach you have followed ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

There is an installer for Standalone Load Generator that can be downloeded from here. There is no need to install LoadRunner full on both machines.

Regards,

Shlomi

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Shlomi

Thanks for the load generator exe. I have installed the LG exe in one of my window virtual machine. I'm trying to add the LG on the controller. I'm getting below error. can you please helpme here ?

Failed to connect to the agent.
Load Generator not responding after timeout
Command line that was executed:
-usr ..\dat\lr_trans_server.usr -lnch_interactive -controllerhost "MJ05DQ6G" -bridge -monitor_parent -extra_ext time_diff_ext -no_exception -eve_file_version 3 -drv_log_file_under_cntrl lr_bridge.log -working_lang 0 -es_unique_id 2 -extra_ext SummaryDataTransExt -trans_server_extra_ext SummaryDataTransExt -trs_online_mode 0 -trs_timer_duration 5 -out_communication 0 -extra_ext LrHostBalance -supply_netdir -extra_ext mft_server -lnch_priority normal -no_popups -lnch_interactive -lnch_registry_key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\LoadRunner\CurrentVersion\RuntimeEnvironment" -product_name "LoadRunner" -lnch_dont_remove_until_notify -lnch_remote_port_for_parent 54345

Thanks

Balaji

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Did you ensure port 54345 is opened for TCP communication?

Can you right click the LoadRunner agent in the system tray and view the log? Which error do you see there?

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Shlomi

You mean from the task manager ? I see Loadrunner Agent service in running state and magnetservice.exe also in running state. Can  you tell me how to see the log ? system tray ?

Thanks

Balaji

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Seems like you chose to install the Load Generator in Performance Center mode. 

Can you please run the Agent Runtime Settings utility and choose to manually log in to this machine. This will change the agent to run as a process instead of as a service. You will see magentproc.exe in the Task Manager after this change and the agent icon will appear in Windows System tray (located at the bottom right side of the menu).

Maybe that will help  resolving the communication issue.

AgentRuntimeSettings.png

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Shlomi

Really thank you to walk me through, now i'm seeing the log in the window system tray. Here is the logs

DriverLogger: Log started at 25/04/2018 11:50:03 .

25/04/2018 11:50:03 Error: Failed to start connection over firewall. No "MI Listener Name" was given. [MsgId: MERR-29924]
25/04/2018 11:50:03 Error: Failed to start connection over firewall. No "Local Machine Key" was given. [MsgId: MERR-29923]

Thanks

Balaji

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Not sure how you reached into this situation....

Please invoke the Agent Configuration utility and uncheck "Enable Firewall Agent". That will restart the agent and should resolve the issue.

AgentConfiguration.png

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Shlomi

Initally both check box are enabled, now i unchecked "Enable Firewall Agent". Do i need to keep "Enable Terminal Services" to be checked ?

Thanks

Balaji

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.