Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to simulate connection pool behaviour using LoadRunner/Performance Center

Hi Team,

I have a requirement, where I need to simulate connection pool behaviour in my Load Test for testing a custom services server. Following are the 2 specific scenarios I need to simulate. Are there any specific settings or functions in LoadRunner/Performance Center to achieve these scenarios. Version of LR/PC is not a major concern for me as we can get latest version if required.

Scenario 1:

a) 200 users distributed among 10 scripts (1 script for 1 service)

b) Total number of connections from LoadRunner to the server should not exceed 50 for all 200 users

c) Connection should be persistant for 120sec before idle time-out happens (Similar to KeepAlive)

d) New connection has to be established only when all established connections are in active use

e) Protocal required is HTTPS (Web Custom Request)

Scenario 2:

a) 200 users distributed among 10 scripts (1 script for 1 service)

b) Number of connections per script should not exceed 5 for any number of users assigned for the script

c) Connection should be persistant for 120sec before idle time-out happens (Similar to KeepAlive)

d) New connection has to be established only when all established connections are in active use

e) Protocal required is HTTPS (Web Custom Request)

Thanks,

Chakri

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to simulate connection pool behaviour using LoadRunner/Performance Center

Hi Team,

Do anyone know if setting up the above scenarios is possible? Or is it not possible at all in LoadRunner/PC.

Thanks,

Chakri

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: How to simulate connection pool behaviour using LoadRunner/Performance Center

chakri, why do you need 200 vusers for 50 connections?
Why can't you use 50 vusers for this test?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

The reason for not limiting the users to 50 is, I will not be able to simulate the issues with response time which might happen when more than 50 users try to hit at the same time. So, any issues with the thread wait times will not be known from the test as maximum requests at any given time will not go more than 50.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.