New Member.

How to split Correlated Dynamic Values in LR ?

Hi 

Please help me in splitting a dynamic correlated value into 4 parts ?

I am using web_reg_save_param API.

The Dynamic Value is "MyNameisVuserID" to which I want to Split into - My , Name, Is, VuserID.

I want to display these values in output window

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi, 

You can use the function web_reg_save_param with the following parameters: 

SaveLen: The length of a sub–string of the found value, from the specified offset, to save to the parameter. This attribute is optional. The default is –1, indicating to save to the end of the string.

SaveOffset: The offset of a sub–string of the found value, to save to the parameter. The offset value must be non–negative. The default is 0. This attribute is optional.

You can create 4 different parameters using the SaveOffset to specify where the specific sub-string begins and the SaveLen to identify the sub-string length. 

Please check the example in the following link: 

http://lrhelp.saas.hpe.com/en/12.53/help/function_reference/Content/web/examples/lrFuncRef_WJV_w.reg_savp_Example.htm

Kind regards, 
Vesela 

HPE Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.