Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

How to start recording script from command line?

I would like to start recording my script from command line without having to click any buttons in VuGen. Is there any way I could accomplish that?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: How to start recording script from command line?

Hi Hubert19, 

in my opinion, dependes on the application you have to test. If your program is based on mainframe/host infrastructure, you can use RTE Protocol on LoadRunner. Do you know this possibility?

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: How to start recording script from command line?

Thanks for the answer.

I want to record interaction of the browser with my web application using simple Web - HTTP/HTML protocol so, from what I know, RTE won't be applicable in this case.  Ideally, I would start LoadRunner's recording (via LR's proxy) from command line and all the interaction with my web app going through the proxy would be recorded in the script. At the end, some other simple command would stop recording.

It doesn't really have to be from command line - it might as well be e.g. some function invoked from Java code that starts recording. My main goal is to automate the process of starting/stopping recording as I would like to do that many times in a row which is cumbersome when done manually.

Do you have any idea if that is even possible?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.