Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

IBM Content Managment System OnDemand - which Protocol?

I'm trying to develop scripts against a product called IBM Content Manager OnDemand v9.5. I've tried multiple protocols with no success. Has anyone tried scripting this application before?

It communicates to the backend with TCP/IP. Please let me know if anyone has any knowledge regarding this type of application.

Scott

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: IBM Content Managment System OnDemand - which Protocol?

Hi

From what I read, the IBM CM is basically a data base for managing content. so your first decision is "what do you want to test - the client, or the database it self".

once this is answered, your task is simpler as you can either choose a data base oriented protocol (ODBC and friends) or if you are trying to load the client, go with the Java Vuser protocol (as I believe the client is java based).

Another best practice - capture the business process you are trying to load test with a network sniffer and analyze that capture - you will see the communication protocol there and this can also guide you in the right direction.

Hope this helps,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

Lior,

Thanks for the input! I think we need to test the DB, therefore, I'll check into the ODBC way and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!

Scott

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Scott,

we'll all be happy to hear how it went share the knowledge with all community members 🙂

Cheers,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

Lior,

So we are not able to go directly to the DB, as this direction has been shot down. On the client front, I've tried about every protocol in the lot, with no success. I've used Wireshark to view the data going in and out and I'm still unable to determine the protocol for certain, other than TCP/IP. I'm told this is a .net application, but like you, I think there is some java involved which I'm still looking into. Any other suggestions?

Scott

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Scott,

So I did some more digging and it looks like the client is a .net application written mainly in C++.

I'd go with .NET protocol for this and consult with the documentaiton for additional resources.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Lior

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.