Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

IBM MQ Performance testing

Hi Team,

I am usisng the Java Vuser script for IBM MQ performance testing . WHen I have replay the script I am getting below error mrssage. 

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/resource/spi/ConnectionRequestInfo Error
System.err: at com.ibm.mq.MQSESSION.getConnectionRequestInfo(MQSESSION.java:608) Error
System.err: at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManagerFactory.obtainBaseMQQueueManager(MQQueueManagerFactory.java:766) Error
System.err: at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManagerFactory.procure(MQQueueManagerFactory.java:697) Error
System.err: at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManagerFactory.constructQueueManager(MQQueueManagerFactory.java:657) Error
System.err: at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManagerFactory.createQueueManager(MQQueueManagerFactory.java:153) Error
System.err: at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManager.<init>(MQQueueManager.java:451) Error
System.err: at Actions.init(Actions.java:54) Error
Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/resource/spi/ConnectionRequestInfo
Error: at com.ibm.mq.MQSESSION.getConnectionRequestInfo(MQSESSION.java:608)
at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManagerFactory.obtainBaseMQQueueManager(MQQueueManagerFactory.java:766)
at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManagerFactory.procure(MQQueueManagerFactory.java:697)
at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManagerFactory.constructQueueManager(MQQueueManagerFactory.java:657)
at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManagerFactory.createQueueManager(MQQueueManagerFactory.java:153)
at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManager.<init>(MQQueueManager.java:451)
at Actions.init(Actions.java:54)
Abort was called from an action.

Can you please help me on this issue.

Thanks, 

LaxmiNarayana

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: IBM MQ Performance testing

Looks like you are missing some IBM MQ JAR files in your classpath, so when the script runs Java cannot find these classes which should be in IBM MQ JARs. Try checking and updating your CLASSPATH variable.

Igor Markov
R&D Manager, Performance Engineering Core
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: IBM MQ Performance testing - Who can we turn to for help?

Who can I turn to for help with testing MQ?

In the past I used LoadRunner to call some IBM tools externally to put messages on a Queue and to then read the responses coming back. This was back in 2006 or so, and was klunky, to say the least.

From what I can tell, there currently seems to be several options available to us:

• LoadRunner plus MQTester
  • Java over HTTP
  • Web Services

I thought the MQTester option was considered a LoadRunner "standard". However, HP did not even seem to know what it was. When they did finally find it for us, I discovered that MQTester seems to want us to record an application. We do not have an application. All we have is Queue names, Queue Manager names, and message formats.

Stuart Montcrief wrote a blog article using Java. Note: Trust me, I am NO Stuart Montcrief, and in spite of my efforts to close the skill/knowledge gap, I never WILL BE a Stuart Montcrief. I cannot get Stuarts stuff to work because of JDK and path issues.

A former team member used Web Services to execute JMS function calls, but I cannot get this approach to work either. There is stuff about binding files and scp files and other programmic stuff that I do not understand.

So,  where can we turn?

As I said, all we have is a requirement to put messages on specific MQ Queues and then try to time how long it takes for the responses to be returned under load.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy at Deere
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: IBM MQ Performance testing - Who can we turn to for help?

Hi Randy,

I've exactly the same issue and no one seems to have worked on such solutions to help. We really need a simple solution, so please let me know if you were able to crack the code and did it worked for you. Appreciate any help or documentation for the exact same problem as yours.

Thanks

Kamal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: IBM MQ Performance testing

Hello Guys,

Any luck on this ??

I am also doing the same but getting multiple java exceptions. Please help me if you are able to do it sucessfully

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.