Highlighted
New Member.

IE TruClient not working with HTTP2 Protocol

Hi All,

I am working on a web application which uses HTTP 2. It is working fine with TruClient Firefox. I can see HTTP 2 coming in response header when running the TruClient script for Firefox. But the same thing is not working with TruClient Internet Explorer. Getting HTTP 1.1 with IE for same requests and that is why the page is not loading properly.

If anybody is aware about this issue and has its solution, please let me know.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: IE TruClient not working with HTTP2 Protocol

Hi

for IE 11 to support HTTP 2, you need to setup a specific configuration (See here)

This is not recomended in TruClient IE as this may cause changes that will affect the application proper functionality and will not be supported by official HPE support if you do modify these settings.

Personally - I reccomend that you use Chrome or FF to test HTTP /2 sites as they are optimal for this technology.

Generally speaking, as transport is handled by the browser, it is mostly transparent to TC, so any technology supported by the browser should work. 

Hope this helps,

Lior

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.