Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

IE11 Crashing on Vugen 12.53 using WinInet, SSL Error on Sockets

Hi all, Hoping there is a solution for this.

I'm currently trying to record an application using standard WEB/HTTP and run into a few issues. upon trying to authenticate / login to the system.

I've tried a multitude of configuration and other fixes I've found on this forum however none have succeeded so far. Below is what I've tried.

1. WinInet (as well as Sockets & WinINet)  - IE11 crashes, Chrome records no traffic. 

Process: Open home page & click login > There is a problem with your security certificate", page displayed > click Continue anyway > Submit Login credentials, > Crash

Vugen Message: "AUT Process Crashed, Process id: xxxx"

2. Sockets - Getting SSL Error (Both IE & Chrome)

Process: Open home Page & Click Login - SSL Error

Vugen Message" The SSL Authentication Failed. Try adjusting the port mapping settings (etc). [Continue] / [Cancel]

Upon contunuing, after about 1 minute there is a standard error page.

Recording log: "[Net An. Error    ( 278: e40)]   (Sid:  4) Negotiate Client -> Proxy SSL Handshake Failed!!!"

[Net An. Error ( c64: 6d0)] SSL_connect(ssl_id = 212746200 = 00000000) Failed, ctx = 0CAE3FD8, err = "[windings symbols], err code = 1576718160
[Net An. Error ( c64: 6d0)] (Sid: 35) SSL handshake with remote server Failed!

I've also tried disabling auto SSL, or setting it to TLS1.1 & getting the same errors.

And here is everything else I've tried:

• Changed OpenClientCertificateDialog from 1 to 0 in registery
  • Disabled Data Execution Prevention
  • Disabled UAT
  • Disabled Windows firewall
  • Run VuGen in Admin
  • Checked LR Certificates
  • Tried another machine

Now I've run out of ideas and hoping I can get some help

Many Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.