Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

IP SPOOFING

Hi Team,

Can you please suggest me, How can I use for IP spoofing.

Below Scenarion.

In Lane accountability mode there should be 1:1 mapping between a Till and a workstation. Same between an User and Workstation. However user can change for a workstation.

So, effectively you cannot use multiple users against a particular workstation.

Thanks,

Laxmi.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: IP SPOOFING

Hi

I do not not understand the scenario that you are describing, are you sure this is related to LoadRunner?

In any case in LoadRunner IPSpoofing is used in the way that single a loadgenerator can use multiple IPadresses at the same time. This way the simulated load can seem to come from more machines. This is perticulary imortant if you have a load balancer (or application) that uses "Sticky IP".

Technically you will need to add multiple static IPs to the loadgenerator, that then can be used during the tests.

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

More details please

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

In Lane accountability mode there should be 1:1 mapping between a Till and a workstation. Same between an User and Workstation.

I cannot use multiple users against a particular workstation.  f

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

Still to little information to give good advice.
What kind of protocol do you going to use. What is it that you will simulate in the test by virtual users, tills and to test the workstation.

If it is possible to use, then first of all you will configure your loadgenerators to use multiple (static) IPs
Then you can either have random IPs when running, but that doesn't sound like waht you want.

The other option is to inthe script which IP to use by

web_set_sockets_option("USER_IP_ADDRESS", index);

here index is the order of the ip listed by ipconfig.

I think that you need to figure out what you want to do and how that can be setup in a scenario before thinking about how to use IPSpoofing to set user ips.

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.