Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

IP Spoofing in LoadRunner 11.0

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using LoadRunner 11.0 version. I have received a pool of IP Addresses with respect to the gateway and subnet id of the controller machine. I have added the ip's using the IP Wizard tool and updated the router table of the web server using the file created. I have also tried running the Loadrunner agent as process and as threads but still ip spoofing is not working on the controller machine. The machine has multiple ip's assigned to it by ip wizard which has been checked with ipconfig command.

The above steps have been tested for loadrunner 9.5 version as well but still no success with ip spoofing.

Could anyone help in finding the solution to this problem..I might be missing a very obvious step.

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from Performance Center Support and News Forum to  LoadRunner Support Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: IP Spoofing in LoadRunner 11.0

Jump to solution

Hi,

Solved the problem.

Solution: In the server routing table update .bat file, it was written

Replace [CLIENT_IP] with the IP of this machine (Load Generator) that the server already recognizes

but actually we need to write following and it will work.

Replace [CLIENT_IP] with the gateway of the machine (Load Generator) that the server already recognizes

Regards

SM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Check the attached ppt. hope it helps solve your issue

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. I guess I have followed all the steps given in the ppt, but still no success. However, i suspect that the web server routing table is not updated properly, though the bat file ran sucessfully. Could you please tell me how to check the web server's routing table manually (We have client and web server on different subnet).

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Solved the problem.

Solution: In the server routing table update .bat file, it was written

Replace [CLIENT_IP] with the IP of this machine (Load Generator) that the server already recognizes

but actually we need to write following and it will work.

Replace [CLIENT_IP] with the gateway of the machine (Load Generator) that the server already recognizes

Regards

SM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

I am also facing the same problem.

I gone through the PPT and tryied this but getting error:

Action.c(9): Error -27796: Failed to connect to server "10.0.2.147:80": [10060] Connection timed out  Action.c(9): Error -27796: Failed to connect to server "10.0.2.147:80": [10060] Connection timed out 

Query:

What changes I need to do in nt_routing.bat file. This file at the LG machine.

Details:

Controller,LG and Vugen are intsalled on the same machine and this machine is Virtual machine using Vmware.

Version 11.0

Regards,

Rajesh sahu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Can anybody explain me, may I use IP addresses that generated by IP Wizard to test remote server? I need to test remote server, but vusers must have unique IPs. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

I have F5 load balancer which directs client request to 4 IIS web server. My question is where do I need to update nt_router.bat file, is it on a F5 load balancer or on all 4 IIS server. Please suggest.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

What do you mean by gateway of the machine (load generator)?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.