Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

IPC connection to browser process is lost - truclient for IE

I am using loadrunner 12.02 - truclient for IE - on a set of virtual machines. All machines are hosted on an ESXi 5.5 (tested with E1000 and VMXnet3 interfaces). Load generator: Windows 2012 R2 (also tried with Windows 2008 R2) Web server: Windows 2012 R2 The testing scenario is pretty simple - 4 users login and start to execute a set of steps (loading submissions and submitting them). However, on every test-run, after 2-15 minutes of running at least one of the threads gets "IPC connection to browser process is lost" and stops. In the resource monitor I can see that 2 threads of loadrunner have entered into deadlock. There is not anti-virus software on any of the servers and IPv6 is disabled as it is famous for triggering strange issues.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: IPC connection to browser process is lost - truclient for IE

Hi tsveti1

This specific problem was posted a few threads below with the following solution:

1. Please uninstall the following Microsoft updates: KB3049563  KB3038314

2. Contact HP support to get a patch compatible with these updates (to allow re-installing them)

Thank you,

Lior Avni

PLV COST Team

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response. Forgot to mention that these two updates are uninstalled in advance (I've seen the issues description).

Regards,

Tsveti

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Tsveti,

In that case, I would recommend you open a case through HP support as this error can result from a multitude of possible problems and debugging is required to arrive at the correct root cause and needed solution.

Good Luck,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

>This specific problem was posted a few threads below with the following solution:

It would be more helpful for you to edit your post by using Post Options > Edit Reply and include the URL of the topic in question.

In N days, who knows where that topic will be.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.