Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

ISSUE: Converting TruClient scripts to Web-protocol scripts in LoadRunner 12.50

Hi,

I have recorded a sample google script using TruClient IE - web protocol in LR 12.50. When I try converting it to Web script, I see only the comments in the converted script (Please see below) .I tried few other websites and ended up in the same situation.

function Action()
{
// 1: Navigate to "www.google.com"
// 3: Type HP in Search combobox
// 5: Press Enter key on Search combobox
// 7: Click on HP® Official Site | Laptop... link
return 0;
}

Kindly help to resolve my issue. Appreciate your time on this.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: ISSUE: Converting TruClient scripts to Web-protocol scripts in LoadRunner 12.50

Hi,

I suggest checking that Web (HTTP/HTML) proxy recorder is working correctly. Once that will work the conversion should work as well. If not please raise a support ticket.

Details about proxy recorder: http://lrhelp.saas.hpe.com/en/12.53/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/t_HowToRecordViaAProxy.htm

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: ISSUE: Converting TruClient scripts to Web-protocol scripts in LoadRunner 12.50

This solution didnt help 😞 We dont have support for LoadRunner. How would i get HP's help to address this issue ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Did you succeed recording a Web HTTP script using Proxy Recorder? Note that this is not the default recording option for Web HTTP.

Try to open the script in a different browser, replay it in interactive mode to make sure it runs properly. Save the script. Try to convert from VuGen again.

The generated script indicates the script is running properly but HTTP events are not captured by Web HTTP, therefore the generated script does not contain and step. 

Without support contract you can try getting assistance here and in other forums. I work for HPE. I will do my best to assist in here.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Nissim, I m havng the same problem, my truClient scripts runs well but during conversion to Web HTTP , HTTP events are not captured by Web HTTP. I dont know what does "proxy recording" have to do with TruClient, they both are diffrent , right ? Proxy Recording only works with Web HTTP, not TruClient Web (if I m not wrong). BTW, I enabled "Use LoadRunner Proxy to record a local App" in Adv. Recording option. Then I tried to record in IE 11, but no script is generated , though I found that http events are generated with each step in recording floating bar. But I find the follwing error -

[Proxy Recording (11fc: 288)] Client request from @ 192.168.0.1:7131
[Proxy Recording.Error (11fc:1474)] Exception is caught while connecting to , message=Stream was not readable.

Chrome doesnt even show the AUT (HP Web Tours) using LR proxy 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

Of course Truclient and HTTP is different, but you still have to have HTTP-recording working and the reason is how the conversion is done.

The conversion is done by "Replay" the truclient-script and do "Record" of the traffic as a HTPP-script at the same time. (Then there will be some additional benefits, like transactions).

So make sure that you have a working way of recording a HTTP-script of the application and then use hte same during conversion. Without it you will not succeed.

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

After I try to convert a simple business process into Http/html script from truClient script,  my browsers (FF ) opens up and fails to load AUT, and the conversion progress bar keeps running until I cancel it. Why is it so ? The TruClient records well.  I m using Windows 8.1 and I DONT have these updates Microsoft updates: KB3049563  KB3038314 in my system.

I get the following error -

t=00059400ms: Warning -205179: When disabling console, No tab with given id 11. [MsgId: MWAR-205179]
t=00059402ms: Warning -205179: When disabling network, No tab with given id 11. [MsgId: MWAR-205179]
t=00059412ms: Error -205177: IPC connection to browser process is lost [MsgId: MERR-205177]

Capture6.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

As mentioned above the conversion process configures TruClient browser to go trough Web (HTTP/HTML) proxy recorder. It is not the machine proxy or manul proxy configuration you use when you record or replay the TruClient script.

As long as the Web proxy recorder does not work regardless of TruClient it will not work also during the conversion process.

Also, the Norton AV Firefox extension is not contributing to determine what is wrong. It is a system wide Firefox extension, which means it will be automatically included in any Firefox profile. I suggest deleting it from the machine and try again.

If you can open a support ticket please do so.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.