Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

ISSUE recording Flash Application

Hello

i have an issue on recording a flash application with VUGEN  version 12.53 build 1203 .

evenif i use FLEX, AJAX or HTML protocol

please help

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: ISSUE recording Flash Application

Hi INAO,

Can you provide more details about the issues you're experiencing?

TruClient protocol does not support directly recording Flash applications UI operations, but transport-level protocols (like Web/HTTP-HTML or Flex) are able to capture the underlying communication.

Edo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

HI  EDO NIR

But i didn't use TRUCLIENT .

I used just VUGEN with  these protocol : Web/HTTP-HTML or Flex

the issue is that the application failed while i tried to record the application .

my application is  axway sentinel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I thought by 'AJAX' you meant TruClient.

What kind of failure are you experiencing? is the application crashing?

Please provide screenshots, log snippets or any other information that can be used to understand the issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

Yes Flash applications are always having rich User interface as you mentioned in HTML , AJAX and FLEX, as the flex is the Non-HTML it is better to try in the URL - Based recording by giving the full control of web_custom_requests option is the one way. (Also try to use WinInet setting from mapping and filters or Both Socket and WinInet level recording).

If you fail to do it , it is better to go for web debugger tools like Fiddler to capture the trafic and convert it into Vugen recorded file as it saves some time for our scripting easily.

Hope this might help you to solve the isse.

Regards,

Surya Kosuri.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.