Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

IdentityChangerUtil query

Jump to solution

I installed Performance Center using the default IUSR metro account. I know that this will be flagged by our Security Office so I would like to change it using the IdentityChangerUtil.exe

I created a domain account specifically for Performance Center to use but when I try to apply it I keep being told that its password does not meet the complexity requirements. Currently the password has 14 characters and has both upper and lower case letters, as well as numbers!

Can anyone please advise what the exact password requirements are for PC 12.55 user? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: IdentityChangerUtil query

Jump to solution

Hello,

You did it right using local account, as you cannot install directly using Domain account. The domain account password must match the complexity requirements (and patterns if any) for the DOMAIN controlled by the Domain Administrators. (Not the local admins)

Before trying to set the domain account to be PC System Account, thy

1\\log in on PC Sever machine using the domain Account – this will confirm the account can be used on the local machine

2\\If succeed, log off, log in with your own account and try adding it to the local Administrators Group. If succeed, remove it from local Administrators. This will confirm your own account has sufficient privileges

If both are ok, then you can proceed with changing. You must know the domain password and enter it correctly in the System Identity Changer.

Best,

Ivo

IvoHri

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: IdentityChangerUtil query

Jump to solution

Hello,

You did it right using local account, as you cannot install directly using Domain account. The domain account password must match the complexity requirements (and patterns if any) for the DOMAIN controlled by the Domain Administrators. (Not the local admins)

Before trying to set the domain account to be PC System Account, thy

1\\log in on PC Sever machine using the domain Account – this will confirm the account can be used on the local machine

2\\If succeed, log off, log in with your own account and try adding it to the local Administrators Group. If succeed, remove it from local Administrators. This will confirm your own account has sufficient privileges

If both are ok, then you can proceed with changing. You must know the domain password and enter it correctly in the System Identity Changer.

Best,

Ivo

IvoHri

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.