Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Impact of Verify and ObjWait

Jump to solution

Hi,

I get errors in the verify statement (using 120 seconds) and it doesn't work.  For whatever reason, if I use wait for object it works.

What is the impact of using:

Start Transaction

do something

verify (text element)

End Transaction

VS

Start Transaction

do something

wait object(text element)

End Transaction

Many thanks!

Tim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Impact of Verify and ObjWait

Jump to solution

Hi Tim, 

"Verify" step controls strings content, instead of "Wait for Object" checks a particular HTML object (even text) on the web page with a detail level of XPath code or HTML/XML descriptors. 

I suggest you to use "Verify" when there's one unique string on the page you want to control, and "Wait for Object" when you have to check a determinate button/form/image. 

I hope this simple explaination can help you!

Lorenzo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Tim, 

"Verify" step controls strings content, instead of "Wait for Object" checks a particular HTML object (even text) on the web page with a detail level of XPath code or HTML/XML descriptors. 

I suggest you to use "Verify" when there's one unique string on the page you want to control, and "Wait for Object" when you have to check a determinate button/form/image. 

I hope this simple explaination can help you!

Lorenzo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thanks mate! Understand now. 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.