Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Importing WSDL into LoadRunner using a certificate

Hi,

I'm trying to test a WS through HP LR V 12.02.  The first thing I do is to import the WSDL to view all services exposed to me for testing.  We are using certificates to authenticate against the WS and I have created a PEM certificate in the bin directory but my understanding is that I can use this with the "web_set_certificate_ex" for testing the service once the WSDL is imported.  When I try and import the WSDL though, HP LR prompts me for a userid/password.  I'm not sure if there is a way to import the client certificate into HP LR .  I can view the WSDL in IE after importing the certificate..  I've attached a snapshot.

All the help is appreciated.WSDLImportIssue.JPG

Vishal

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Importing WSDL into LoadRunner using a certificate

Hello, 

If i'm understanding correctly, you are importing a WSDL from an URL, then the server requires an authentication to access that URL. This is simular as when you try to view the WSDL in IE.  just input the username and PW as you did in IE. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Same problem here, V 12.53. I'm trying to import a service using an online WSDL, but I need to authenticate with a Certificate (not User/Pwd). I can't find the way to use my certificate, and when I try to import the service VUGen prompts me for user/password. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Luis.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hello,

If you are able to import certificate in IE and View the WSDL in IE, you can save the WSDL to a local file and then in LR, try "import WSDL from file".

Regards,

Bingle

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.