Highlighted
Commander
Commander

Importing actions in gui

Hi ,

I have a query regarding importing actions for gui scripts. I am using one login and log out action for all the scripts, i.e., i am importing the actions(say login and logout) from single script . however i realised , when i am modifying the main script/action(from which the login or logout is imported); the changes are not reflecting in the scripts in which i have imported that action.

can someone please suggest a better way?

Best Regards
Vishal

0 Likes
4 Replies
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Hi Vishansh, 

I have witnessed many mismatch errors with TruClient protocol, for example copy/paste steps on the same script and the impossibility to modify one of them - that's because the object's pointing is unique. 

I suggest you to make a copy of the script and manage that with the modifies, without importing. 

Let me know if this suggestion can help with the issue, 

Lorenzo

Highlighted
Commander
Commander

Hi Lorenzo,

Sorry for the missing information in my question: but i am asking about sap gui protocol. loadrunner 12.50 and 12.60

Thanks
Vishal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

I never use that protocol, so I suggest again the same procedure: create a new script based on the old bytecode and make your modify on it. 

Let me know!

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Lorenzo, is referring to TruClient protocol; and he is right. But when your SAP UI protocol is just generated C-code you might copy sources. In house we did this for a GWT based protocol. In fact we created 'template' script that performs only the logon/logoff and contains a number of general libraries (header files). This is maintained separatly and when we make modifications, we copy all those changes to the real business logic scripts.

For new recordings we put the logon/logoff in separate steps do the correlation (use standard parameters) and replace logon/logoff with the template code.

But in the end it comes down to how easy is it to separate sections in your business flow.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.