Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Install Winsock Plus Protocol Interceptor certificate error when starting recording

Jump to solution

I've jsut reinstalled Loadrunner because it didn't work. Now it works, but when i try and record a script (Ajax script) and choose any kind of browser, it pops up this message for a blink of an eye and then freezes (presumably wairing for input from me). i cannot get to the dialog window it is hidden. I copied this text from the event log.

any ideas how I can get it to work? This is v12.5 build 1096.

Application popup: Security Warning : You are about to install a certificate from a certification authority (CA) claiming to represent:

Winsock Plus Protocol Interceptor

Windows cannot validate that the certificate is actually from "Winsock Plus Protocol Interceptor". You should confirm its origin by contacting "Winsock Plus Protocol Interceptor". The following number will assist you in this process:

Thumbprint (sha1): 67411E2F 5CBC33F9 6A33FD0A 4AF2CEA6 42D77E16

Warning:

If you install this root certificate, Windows will automatically trust any certificate issued by this CA. Installing a certificate with an unconfirmed thumbprint is a security risk. If you click "Yes" you acknowledge this risk.

Do you want to install this certificate?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Install Winsock Plus Protocol Interceptor certificate error when starting recording

Jump to solution

The answer is in this HP article (Point 4):

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-LoadRunner-and-Performance/5-tips-to-solve-the-most-common-problems-seen-in-Web-recording/ba-p/6357387#.VfFKOZdyz2w

Extract:

The problem is caused by the inability of the client side to verify the validity of the server certificate. In order to fix this problem, the LoadRunner Certificate Authority (CA) file should be added to the machine’s “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities” certificate store (in case of a Java client application, LoadRunner’s CA should be added to Java’s trusted CA list using the keytool). This file is supplied with LoadRunner, and is called wplusCAOnly_Expiration_2022.crt. It’s located in the <LR_folder\bin\certs> folder.

• To add it to the store, double-click on the file to open the certificate.
  • Then click ‘Install Certificate…’ to open the Certificate Import Wizard’.
  • Make sure you check ‘Place all certificates in the following store’ and select ‘Trusted Root Certification Authorities’.  When the wizard is completed, you should be able to record the application.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Install Winsock Plus Protocol Interceptor certificate error when starting recording

Jump to solution

The answer is in this HP article (Point 4):

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-LoadRunner-and-Performance/5-tips-to-solve-the-most-common-problems-seen-in-Web-recording/ba-p/6357387#.VfFKOZdyz2w

Extract:

The problem is caused by the inability of the client side to verify the validity of the server certificate. In order to fix this problem, the LoadRunner Certificate Authority (CA) file should be added to the machine’s “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities” certificate store (in case of a Java client application, LoadRunner’s CA should be added to Java’s trusted CA list using the keytool). This file is supplied with LoadRunner, and is called wplusCAOnly_Expiration_2022.crt. It’s located in the <LR_folder\bin\certs> folder.

• To add it to the store, double-click on the file to open the certificate.
  • Then click ‘Install Certificate…’ to open the Certificate Import Wizard’.
  • Make sure you check ‘Place all certificates in the following store’ and select ‘Trusted Root Certification Authorities’.  When the wizard is completed, you should be able to record the application.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.