Installation Issue - HP_LoadRunner_12.02_Community_Edition_T7177
While installing HP_LoadRunner_12.02_Community_Edition_T7177-15059, I am getting
"Failed to open registry key, SOFTWARE\POLICIES\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INSTALLER"
error. Tried by running as administrator also. Kindly help me by resolving this.
1. Downloaded 896MB HP_LoadRunner_12.02_Community_Edition_T7177-15059 file from HP site
2. Started running the exe file in the Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard(64bit) machine
3. File extraction happened properly
4. After the extraction getting the error window "HP Setup Wrapper" with the error message "Failed to open registry key, SOFTWARE\POLICIES\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INSTALLER"
Attached snapshot file.
Please help asap.
R&D Manager, Performance Engineering Core
I am facing the same issue while installing Loadrunner in My machine.The issue is "Failed to open registry Key"
I saw the comment replied from HP team but I am not able to do installation as per their solution.
Please provide the exact solution to overcome this issue to install Load runner at my PC.
KIndly reply me asap .
Try these and see if it makes any difference::
- Navigate to the following registry subkey:
- In the details pane (Right Pane), locate the EnableLUA key (REG_DWORD type). Double click to Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 0 (zero), and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
2. Disable DEP (Data Execution Prevention). Steps to disable DEP:
- Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
- On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
- On the Data Execution Prevention tab, use one of the following procedures: •
- Click Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only to select the OptIn policy.
- Click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select to select the OptOut policy, and then click Add to add the programs that you do not want to use the DEP feature.
- Click OK twice
After the above changes were made, try to install LoadRunner and see if it makes any difference.