Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Installation Issue - HP_LoadRunner_12.02_Community_Edition_T7177

While installing HP_LoadRunner_12.02_Community_Edition_T7177-15059, I am getting

"Failed to open registry key, SOFTWARE\POLICIES\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INSTALLER"

error. Tried by running as administrator also. Kindly help me by resolving this.

1. Downloaded 896MB HP_LoadRunner_12.02_Community_Edition_T7177-15059 file from HP site

2. Started running the exe file in the Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard(64bit) machine

3. File extraction happened properly

4. After the extraction getting the error window "HP Setup Wrapper" with the error message "Failed to open registry key, SOFTWARE\POLICIES\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INSTALLER"

Attached snapshot file.

Please help asap.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you resolve this? 

I'm having the exact same issues with installing UFT 12.05.

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

The LoadRunner/PC installation for Windows is MSI based. So anything that might be required by MSI should be allowed. In this case it seems that MSI requires relevant registry permissions.
Although running LoadRunner doesn't require admin privileges(except for some specific utilities as described in readme), the installation does require admin-like privileges.
Igor Markov
R&D Manager, Performance Engineering Core
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI All,

I am facing the same issue while installing Loadrunner in My machine.The issue is "Failed to open registry Key"

I saw the comment replied from HP team but I am not able to do installation as per their solution.

Please provide the exact solution to overcome this issue to install Load runner at my PC.

KIndly reply me asap .

Thanks,

Venkat

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi Konkala,

Have you tried installing with "Right click -> Run as Adminiatrator"?

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Yes AvniLior,

Tried tried installing with "Right click -> Run as Adminiatrator". But still getting the same issue.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Try these and see if it makes any difference::

1. Navigate to the following registry subkey:
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
  • In the details pane (Right Pane), locate the EnableLUA key (REG_DWORD type). Double click to Modify.
  • In the Value data box, type 0 (zero), and then click OK.
  • Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

2. Disable DEP (Data Execution Prevention). Steps to disable DEP:

• Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
  • On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
  • On the Data Execution Prevention tab, use one of the following procedures: •
  • Click Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only to select the OptIn policy.
  • Click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select to select the OptOut policy, and then click Add to add the programs that you do not want to use the DEP feature.
  • Click OK twice

After the above changes were made, try to install LoadRunner and see if it makes any difference. 

Regards

Srinivas Motamarri.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.