Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Installation issue - Loadrunner 12.53 on WIndows8

Hi,

I could download the community edition version12.53. When I go to install by clicking 'setup', is shows message:

It shows a pre-requisite is needed(details is screenshot). When I click to say ok, it should go to install that missing one as per the manual. It displays message "Unable to install pre-requisite KB2999226". (Screenshot)

I went to microsoft and doanloaded this needed one and installed, but no use. It says, it's not needed for this windows.

WHat's going on? anyone came across this issue before? Please help asap!

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Installation issue - Loadrunner 12.53 on WIndows8

Hello ShivB

LR 12.53 is compatible with windows 8.1 64b, not windows 8.

you should either upgrade your windows to 8.1, or install on a fresh copy, or on one of the supported OS.

Please see this segment of the readme file of 12.53.

The pop up is there to tell you that a windows update is needed before LR can install the VC++ pre-requisite.

Let us know if it helped,

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please make sure that you have followed the exact instructions regarding the required Windows updates, which can be found on page 10 of the Installation Guide.

WindowsUpdates.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi All,

Sorry but I have the same issue whil installing the Standalone Analysis tool to my dekstop under Win8.1 x64.

I looked at the page 10 of the LR Installation guide and I tried to install all the required listed updates (2919442, 2919355 and 2999226 but I always got the following message:

"The update is not applicable to your computer"

So I launch the LR Analysis Standalone program and I got the following error message:

"Unable to install the prerequisite, You must first install the following Ms windows updates for your operating system::

KB2999226"

But this update is only supported by Winodws 7.1. My OS is Windows 8.1 x64.

Any idea?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Please try downloading the right update for your OS from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226

Do the same for the other updates.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I guess the confusion here is because there is a KB2999226 for both windows 7 and windows 8/2012 R2. And one of our resource end up using the windows 7 update which is not correct for win 8 and 2012 servers.

Google for 'Windows 2012 KB2999226' and you will find the correct update.

Here is the correct link just in case -

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49063

-Krish

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.