Highlighted
New Member.

Insufficient records in Vuser details view while running through Performance Center

Hello,

I am using a .dat file that has the parameter settings as: Unique, Each Iteration, and Continue in a cyclic manner. This should theoretically never actually run out of data because it should be reusing the data. However, after every line is used up, the rest of my iterations fail out because of an insufficient records error in Loadrunner.

"Error Message :error insufficient records for parameter 'xx' in table to provide the vuser with unique data

Is there some special setting I need to use to get loadrunner to recognize these parameter settings in VuGen? or there any other setting i should use ?

P.S. I am using Performance Center for running my scripts with 100 vuser divided between 2 scripts .

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Insufficient records in Vuser details view while running through Performance Center

Hello

How many vUsers do you have and how many lines are there in your .dat-file?

Looking at your description, it should not be able to happen . Perhaps you could post a screenshot of the parameter definition and the test definition.

br /ola

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: Insufficient records in Vuser details view while running through Performance Center

Hello,

It depends on the number of data lines and the number of users.

If the data rows are less than the number of users then it would give you the ""Error Message :error insufficient records for parameter 'xx'".

Your dat file should have data more than or equal to the number of users for Unique, Each Iteration, and Continue in a cyclic manner settings.

Thanks,

Anil B.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi ,

you can set parameter settings as below. Then you can run more iterations with few data.

image.png

If you want to check how the parameters will be distributed among iterations and vusers,  You can check it by

click simulate Parameters > change vuser count and iteration count > click simulate 

image.png

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.