Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Invoke Recording Via Script

Hi Guys,

I am doing a PoC where I need to invoke VuGen in recording mode via a script.

From what I understand, when we invoke VuGen and click recording button, a browser instance is created and all the traffic that happens in that instance of the browser is recorded (unlike Jmeter where all the traffic at HTTP port gets recorded) and later processed. The goal is to know if we could have some options to invoke VuGen through a script (command line arguments or other low-level scripts) in recording mode and pass the browser process ID and make it capture all the traffic happening there, while we automate screen navigation in that browser (instead of a real person navigating through the pages). The whole idea is to automate the recording process.

Let me know your thoughts.

Appreciate yout time... Cheers

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Invoke Recording Via Script

Hello,

I am not aware of any support for this mode of operation - the recording process involves many interactions such as choosing the script protocol and performing the business process steps. This is a manual activity with so many possible permutations that such automation is not really feasible.

Best regards,

Mark

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Invoke Recording Via Script

This is certainly not the recommended mode of recording. However, i guess you can achieve something close to what you're aiming at, if you place VuGen on one machine and engineer the automated recording on another, and then record the traffic using the Proxy recording mechanism.

Check out this blog post (it's talking mainly about the mobile use case, but the Proxy mechanism can be used for a desktop recording as well, as stated at the end of the article):

http://community.hpe.com/t5/LoadRunner-and-Performance/Empowering-LoadRunner-with-JavaScript-or-C-as-a-scripting/ba-p/6777925#.V1-YWaIgHQY

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.