Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Is there a Maximum Throughput in LoadRunner?

I am trying to stress test, and I am noticing a ceiling of only 12 million bytes/sec in the throughput graph.

Is there a known limit for this? Is there a way to increase this limit?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Is there a Maximum Throughput in LoadRunner?

Hi

I'm not aware of any celing.

How is this visble to you? What do you do when reaching this? Adding vusers or LGs?

All LoadGenerators should be "indipendent" while running the test and adding another should increase the load. Can it be another limiting factor as the network?

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Is there a Maximum Throughput in LoadRunner?

I have 6 Load Generators. I ran a bunch of different tests, but with the same number of Load Generators and adding more vusers. I saw one of the Graphs in Loadrunner that displays bytes/second, and I noticed adding users from 200 to 400 to 1000 does not change the output (it never passes 12million bytes per second).

It could be the server we have that limits it too.

Also, I will try a test later with more Load Generators and see if that number gets bumped up.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.