Highlighted
Visitor.

Is there any workaround to record file uploadimg to the browser in true client protocol

we are recording one application developed by java script with true client protocol. In that application i need to upload pdf document. that file upload part is not recording in true client protocol. 

Can  any one suggest me is there any workaround for this.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Is there any workaround to record file uploadimg to the browser in true client protocol

TruClient supports standard file upload (try recording this URL for example: http://cgi-lib.berkeley.edu/ex/fup.html) 

There are JavaScript widgets that wrap the standard file upload in their own logic. Those are more challenging to support. In most cases it is possible to overcome it as well. 

Can you please explain the issue in more details? Is there a step that is not being recorded? Is the replay stcuk?

Can you share a screenshot or public URL we can experiment?

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: Is there any workaround to record file uploadimg to the browser in true client protocol

Hi Shlomi Nissim,

I couldn't able to access your suggested URL  http://cgi-lib.berkeley.edu/ex/fup.html) .  Throwing an error requested URL not found on this server.

My requirement:

While recording an application i need to select file from desktop. 

Step:

While click on browse file, it will open a pop up to select file. I need to choose file and click on open,

File needed to upload into my application. Then i have view file button to see the file that was uploaded.

Issue:

In true client protocol in not recording non browser action. i.e pop to select file, choose file and click on open button.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Maybe you can try it in this site: https://www.websupergoo.com/file-upload-1.htm

Please compare the steps you see in the script created by using above site with the ones you see in your script.

Also, can you please screenshot the upload form\UI in your application? A screenshot might help me understand whether or not you need to open a ticket or you can overcome it on your own with some instructions

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

>I couldn't able to access your suggested URL

The URL has junk following it, try: http://cgi-lib.berkeley.edu/ex/fup.html

(The post can be corrrected by the author using: Options > Edit Reply)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi Shlomi Nissim,

While recording business process with true client protocol, to upload file.

It's adding a step, with my desktop path to upload file.

That script may fail if we exicute from controller.

Insted of keeping the file in load Generator, is there any way to attach file with the scipt or any another suggested way to do.

Thanks,

Prasanthi.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Prasanthi,

I have worked on web protocol for uploading videos, pdf,etc ., I was giving the path as  C:\pdf\test.pdf  and kept the same folder structure in LoadGenerator. 

Since  the path is capture with "Upload" option,You can change the path similar to what i have mentioned and let me know whether you are facing the issues or not.

Also in jmeter tool,there is an option to give only the filename in Parameterisation and we can keep the file in BIN folder . Could you please keep the file uploaded inside the script folder and let me know whether is is working or not?

Regards,

Raghul M

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

You can try mapping to a drive on all LGs

example:

From your Vugen machine map to a share drive on machine name ("Data_store") ---drive letter  "X: \loadtestfile4supload\". Create your script using this file location, then on each LGs you mapped to the drive X to the same location on "data_store". so all LG have mapped drive X: \\loadtestfile4supload\

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi,

Even we tried to record application with Web HTTP/HTML protocol. Script is failing at document scan service for upload.

Can any one please suggest the best way to do with upload files.

Thanks,

Prasanthi.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Prashathi,

Could you please post screenshot on "document scan service for upload"?

Generally the entire path will not be there in the web http html script. We have to add the complete path manually after recording the script. It seems that the browse upload option is the flow which you have taken as a business flow. 

Please update the screenshot for the script upload request and application browse option.

Regards,

Raghul M

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi,

In our application we need to upload the document. we recorded the script with web HTTP/HTML protocol. Script is failing at document scan service. the code generated like this.

web_custom_request("DocumentScanService_2", 

"URL=

"Method=POST",

"EncType=application/soap+xml;charset=UTF-8;action=\"some url"/\";

LAST);*/

web_submit_data("UploadFilesApp", ---------------------------);

web_submit_data("add",

ItemData,

recorded some binary data);

can you please suggest what we need to enhance?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Prasanthi,

I suggest not mixing Web(HTTP\HTML) issue in this post. Please open a new topic with appropriate title so the right experts will be able to assist.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.