Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Issue installing VuGen versions 12.55 and 12.60

When attempting to install  VuGen versioin 12.55  or 12.60  installation fails with error not enough room on C:  Drive to extract. I have  over 100 GB  free space.  Has anyone else encountered this  and found a solution?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Issue installing VuGen versions 12.55 and 12.60

Hi @TomB58,

Can you please right click the installer execuatbale, extract its' content using 7-Zip or other archive utility. Then in the extracted folder double click the MSI file to install.

Let me know if that is not an helpful workaround.

Regards,
Shlomi

Highlighted
Regular Contributor..

Unfortunatly that also did not work different error now error is user does not have sufficient rights. This occurs with both my regular NT account and my local admistrator account.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Recently I also got same error while installing Vugen. Surprisingly I am able to install other standalone components like Analysis , and Truclient Standalone. But I keep getting error message with VUgen installation as it says same thing "does not have enough space".

I dont think it is a privilege issue because I am able to install other softwares.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

This solultion of Extracting setup files worked for me. I also got privilege error when I try installing .msi file. But I am able to install vugen by running setup.exe present in same extracted folder. So try with run as administrator on setup.exe. That should work for you too.

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Ditto. Could install LoadGenerator by un-7zip-ing the exe and running the MSI. For VuGen, un-7zip-ing then right-click the setup.exe and Run As Administrator was required. 12.60
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor..

1. Use Windows Explorer to create a new folder in a convenient location.

2. Download and install 7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org) if not already installed.

3. Open 7-Zip File Manager.

4. In 7-Zip File Manager, browse to the downloaded .EXE installation file that gives the error message and right-click it. Select Open Inside from the pop up.

5. Select all the files and folders this reveals and drag them from 7-Zip File Manager to Windows Explorer focused on the new folder created in step 1.

6. Run the setup.exe file extracted into the new folder by double-clicking in Windows Explorer or by using Run (Windows+R). This should install the software without the "Not enough space" error message.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor..

Thanks @APM_User 

This is helpful. Interestingly, no need to go through a workaround for Analysis though.  I wish MicroFocus had this mentioned somewhere. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.