Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Issue on Recording Oracle ADF Application (ORACLE RMS release 16)

Good day Practitioners,

I'm currently doing a POC on LoadRunner v12 if it can record the objectNames, of an Oracle RMS release 16 application, which is using the Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF). Right now I tried to record it in LR, however, we are getting encrypted values.

With this, I would like to check with you, if there's a way for LoadRunner to record the objectNames on this application (Oracle RMS release 16 using Oracle ADF). Or if someone encountered or work with Oracle ADF before, is there some sort of configuration that needs to be updated in order to enable the recording?

I included a part of the recorded script for reference

web_custom_request("RmsHome_8", 
        "URL=http://localhost:7005/Rms/faces/RmsHome?Adf-Window-Id=w0&Adf-Page-Id=1", 
        "Method=POST", 
        "Resource=0", 
        "RecContentType=text/xml", 
        "Referer=http://localhost:7005/Rms/faces/RmsHome", 
        "Snapshot=t96.inf", 
        "Mode=HTTP", 
        "EncType=application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8", 
        "Body=pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:soc1=0&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:dept1Id=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:class1Id=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:subclass1Id=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:soc2=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:soc6=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:formatIdId=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:soc3=0&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:it4=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:it1=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:it3=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:it1=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:it2=&"
        "org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.faces.FORM=f1&Adf-Window-Id=w0&Adf-Page-Id=1&javax.faces.ViewState=!x2yblxo6j&event=pt1%3AbadgeUpdatePoll&event.pt1:badgeUpdatePoll=%3Cm+xmlns%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Foracle.com%2FrichClient%2Fcomm%22%3E%3Ck+v%3D%22suppressMessageClear%22%3E%3Cs%3Etrue%3C%2Fs%3E%3C%2Fk%3E%3Ck+v%3D%22type%22%3E%3Cs%3Epoll%3C%2Fs%3E%3C%2Fk%3E%3C%2Fm%3E&oracle.adf.view.rich.PROCESS=pt1%3AbadgeUpdatePoll", 
        LAST);

Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Koshiro

Tags (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: Issue on Recording Oracle ADF Application (ORACLE RMS release 16)

Hi Koshiro ,

I am also facing the same issue with oracle ADF. But i didn't get any solution for this. If you find any solution pls share with me also that its very help ful for me.

Br,

Maram

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Will do that Maram. I'm still leaning towards a solution on this, due to cirticality of my project, we're leaning towards the use of TruClient protocol. 

Let's hope that there's a practitioner in our community who can assist us on this. 🙂 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Good day Practitioners!

Does anyone encountered the same problem as stated above and was able to successfully record it not using the TruClient Protocol? 

Thanks in advance. 🙂 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

hai koshiro, 

i too struck with the same issue  with oracle ADF. please give me solution.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.