Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Issue with IE11 - True Client Protocol : multiple browser windows

Hi All,

I am new to LoadRunner and True Client Protocol. In our application we have a scenario like.. After clicking some button a new window opens have to capture the time taken to load that new window..here in IE11 with true client protocol new empty tab is opening while recording and reply once I click the button. so here I am unable to check whether the required window is loaded or not,

it works for chrome .. seems some settings issue for IE11.

Could you please help me on this.

Thanks,
Khaja Shaik.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Issue with IE11 - True Client Protocol : multiple browser windows

Hi,

Can you please attach a screenshot of the behavior in Microsoft IE 11 and the behavior in TruClient IE?

It will help clarifying what the issue is so we can advice how to overcome

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Shlomi,

Thank you for the quick help.

Please find the attached screenshots.

Behaviour in IE11:

1. Here to activate a CA, user clicks on ‘Activate CA’ button, please refer the image Test1.png

2. New window will open as below, after clicking on ‘Activate CA’, please refer the image test2.png

3. Complete new window, please refer the image test3.png

Behaviour in True Client IE:

1. Please refer to the image test4.png

2. New window is not opening, empty blank tag is getting opened as shown in test5.png

Could you please have a look once and let us know if more info is required.

Regards,

Khaja Shaik.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Khaja,

Can you please make sure the application is in the Trusted security zone in Microsoft IE and then try again?

If it didn't help, which is very likely to be the case, can you please run the script until the point it supposed to click on "Activate CA". Stop it. Disable standards enforcement from the Advanced menu of TruClient browser and then manually click on the "Activate CA" button (not through replay). Is there any difference in the behavior? 

Please open support call in parallel to this post

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Shlomi,

Thank you for the quick help. I will try the same

Could you please provide us Skype ID, so that I will schedule a support call.

Regards,

Khaja Shaik. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI Khaja,

You need to login to the support site here https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/ using your support sign-in and open a ticket after you signed in. If it is unclear use the Chat link on that page to understand how a support ticket should be opened.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Shlomi,

I tried raising a ticket, it was asking for contract ID. As I have been using the trial version for POC, we don't have the same.

Could you please let me know how can I proceed further on this.

Thanks,

Khaja Shaik.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Did you try disabling the standards enforcements as I have suggested earlier?

If you are in a trial period and would like to get help from HPE support or R&D you need to involve the sales representative who accompany you, he/she will find the way to reach us and promote it. If you are using the community edition and have no intent to decide anytime soon whether or not to purchase the product I am limited to assist only in various forums (such as this one).

I am pretty sure that if you use Firefox or Chromium this issue will not reproduce.

Regards,

Shlomi 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Shlomi,

Thank you for the support. I have tried the same by adding URL to truested sites in my personal laptop, as I am not able to edit IE security preferences in office network laptop. But facing the same issue. I am currently checking with my organization for Contract ID, as we recently took the same.

However, When the record the same in Chrome code is as follows, please refer to the attached screenshot, Chrome_code.png

But When change the browser to IE, code will change as below, please refer to the attached screenhshot, IE11_Code.png

It seems currently some method 'Activate' is not available in IE.

Could you please have a look once and suggest us.

Thanks,

Khaja Shaik.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

TruClient IE works only with tabs, hence the Activate action is not available in it. Instead Activate Tab is used. That is not related directly to the fact the content is not loaded in the tab.

Please try disabling the standards enforcement in TruClient IE advanced menu and perform the steps in the browser manually to check if the content is properly loaded in the tab

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.