Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Issue with Oracle EBS R12 script replay

Hello,

We are trying to performance test Oracle R12 using LR12. Using the Oracle Web Apps 11i protocol. 

Application is accessed via a https URL pointing to a load balancer. I am able to record events normally without any entry in the port mapping settings.  

When I replay, I get the below error

vuser_init.c(111): web_custom_request("RF.jsp") started [MsgId: MMSG-26355]
vuser_init.c(111): Error -26547: Authentication required, please use web_set_user, e.g. web_set_user("domain\\user", "password", "host:port"); [MsgId: MERR-26547]

I tried setting the web_set_user right at the top of the script. I mentioned the user id and password I am using for logging into oracle apps. 

web_set_user("perftest1", "xxx123", "xxxx.ebs.com:443")

When I replay after setting this, I get the below error. 

vuser_init.c(111): web_custom_request("RF.jsp") started [MsgId: MMSG-26355]
vuser_init.c(111): Warning -26630: HTTP Status-Code=401 (Unauthorized) for "https://xxxx.xxxx.com/OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=MAINMENUREST&security_group_id=0" [MsgId: MWAR-26630]

When I check the replay snapshot, instead of the homepage it shows "you are trying to access a page that is no longer active. The referring page may have come from a previous session." Screen shot attached

Does this mean I am mentioning the wrong credentials in the web_set_user? What credentials should they be? 

I tried replaying in WinInet mode as well. Same error persists. 

Note: I have not done any correlation so far. The ICX_Ticket and JSessionID values that are normally correlated for oracle ebs scripts come at a later point in the script. 

(If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give kudos to the author for their assistance. Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)
0 Likes
20 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: Issue with Oracle EBS R12 script replay

If it is HTTPS you are using credentials I imagine ... you need to have cert / key

something like

web_set_certificate_ex("CertFilePath=C:\\keys\\test.user.11111111{cert_num}.signed.cer",
         "CertFormat=PEM",
         "KeyFilePath=C:\\keys\\test.user.11111111{key_num}.key",
         "KeyFormat=PEM",
         "Password=testuserXXXX",
         //"CertIndex=1",
         LAST);

By load balancer I am going to assume F5 ...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

I have not worked with HTTPS before. So not aware of the certificate issue. But ideally if there is a certificate issue, wouldn't we get the certificate error listed in the log?

That is why I assumed the issue was along the lines of web server authentication. 

Either ways, I shall look into the security certificate as well. Does this certificate need to be placed within some loadrunner folder or script folder as well? Or is it enough to place it elswhere and point the right path location in the command you had shown for example?

Thanks for your help.

(If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give kudos to the author for their assistance. Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

When you attempt to log onto the site, do you get prompted for a certificate? for instance a CAC card if you are on a government base, just trying to narrow it down.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

the issue got resolved after setting a couple of SSL related settings in Firefox to FALSE. Also, had to add the NCAJServSessionID being captured to the config file of the script. I shall post the detailed solution later so that others can use it for reference. 

I am trying to capture everything I did in a word document. Will attach it to the ticket here. 

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I am also facing the exact same issue. I recorded with Oracle - Web App 11i protocol and Mozilla browser, but unable to capture the ICX parameter. Also, Login step is recorded as blank. It would be great if you could post your solution and any config settings that you had to set while recording. How to make sure Login events are created?

Thanks,
Shyam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Mohan,

I am also facing the same issue with oracleweb11i in LR 11.50, recorded in IE and java version is 1.6.0_27 we are stuck with this issue Please help as soon as possible/atleast provide the solution implemented..

Thanks a lot..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Please make sure all the correlations are done. We had quite a few dynamic values for the login screen along with the usual suspects - icx_ticket and ncajservsessionid. 

For the web_set_user error, open firefox > type about:config > search for security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_128_sha and security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_256_sha. Set them both to false

Also, do not delete the NCAJServSessionID that LR auto-corelates. You will not see this parameter being used in the script. Note that it gets added to the default.cfg file of the script. If you do not find it, you need to add it manually.

Use the URL method for recording.

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions..

I made the changes in the firefox(turned them to false) and unfortunately when i tried recording the script in firefox JAVA client is not getting invoked, we have used IE 8.0 and made all the changes for the script(Like NCAJserv added to Default.cfg) even then still facing the authentication issue, could u please tell us any solution,

Thanks for all the Help..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

What step are you getting this error? Is it at the nca connect statement? Or even before? Also are you able to get to the Oracle homepage after logging in while replay?
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am getting an authentication issue before the RF.jsp call..

Error -26630: HTTP Status-Code=401 (Unauthorized) for "http://*************.com/OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=MAINMENUREST&security_group_id=0"   [MsgId: MERR-26630

this is where it is failing and login is not happening and failing with a 401 in the response body for the RF.jsp.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Looks like the correlation failing in some previous step. Can you attach your code and extended replay log?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.