Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Issue with server SSL is configured as TLS 1.2 with AES_256_CBC

Hello, There

I have an issue when our server SSL is configured as TLS 1.2 with AES_256_CBC for message authentication and ECDHE_RSA as the key exchange mechanism and I select SSL version as TLS1.x to record the script. I could pass the replay of script I recorded with "Winlet replay instead of Sockets" option enabled in runtime setting. But when running the script from controller and agent, I have to turn off this option, or I would get error. But when this option is turned off, the SSL negotiation would fail. However this approach seems to work for 128bit AES ciphering.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Xiaoyin 

P.S. This thread has been split off from other thread, and edited its subject. - Hp Forum Moderator

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Issue with server SSL is configured as TLS 1.2 with AES_256_CBC

Hi,

Probably, AES_256_CBC is not supported by your current LR/PC version.

Please try to replay your script with latest LR/PC version - 12.02 .

LR R&D
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

You can use functionin

web_set_sockets_option with various values supported for SSL_CIPHER_LIST  in your script and see that if it  helps.

Tnx!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

We are facing similar issue.
The application is updated to support SSL TLS1.2 which runs fine in Vugen but failes to run in Performance Centre 12.20 withought giving any error in logs.

Any update on this?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi @vikybs,

Which version of VuGen are you using?
Is your applicaiton using HTTP/2 by any chance?

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.