Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Issues when playing loadrunner nca script

I run into the following error when playing back my loadrunner script:

Action.c(148): nca_set_window("TKE Worksheet Entry")
Action.c(152): Error: nca_edit_set("277","slayton") failed, Window or object is not displayed.
The window currently in focus: "Error".
The last popup/alert message received: "stop - Cannot complete applications logon. You may have entered an invalid applications password, or there may have been a database connect error."
Abort was called from an action.

it seems my script works fine until the oracle form is displayed and does not recognize it. I have tried correlating the icx_ticket value but the correlation also does not work. Any suggestions/pointers are highly appreciated.

Thanks

ATS

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Issues when playing loadrunner nca script

Hello

As far as I see from log lines provided, there is missed “icx_ticket” or/and “JSessionId” kinds of correlations.

Please be informed that script was recorded without “record=names” option enabled, so you have IDs (numbers, like "277") as controls identifiers, not a names. Why it is important? Each session NCA server can give different IDs for the same objects, it is not a problem for application because server dynamically binds s control and it’s ID. But LR can’t repeat this behavior, it can happen that the same ID was used to identify one control while recording, at replay stage already represents another controls or simply doesn’t exist.

To avoid that case, LR uses static controls’ names, that preserved by server for each session. You need to enable this mode “record=names” at your NCA environment before LR using.

Thanks, Dmitry

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.